Lockdown extended to 31 May 2020 by the Government of India although a few more relaxations have been allowed to ensure business continuity in Lockdown 4.0
Lockdown extended in the country for two more weeks, which is 31 May 2020 by the Government of India. However, a few relaxations have been allowed by the Ministry of Home Affairs to ensure business continuity in order to help the dwindling economy. As of now, the following guidelines have been devised:
- All domestic and international flights will remain suspended for travel.
- Metro rail services remain suspended.
- Schools, colleges, coaching institutes will remain suspended. Online classes and distance learning will be encouraged.
- Restaurants will only be allowed to operate kitchens for home delivery of food items.
- Cinema halls, shopping malls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, and so on continue to be prohibited. Sports complexes will be allowed to open; however, no spectators will be allowed.
- All large gatherings such as meetings, weddings, cultural, religious, and so on will continue to be prohibited.
- All religious places, and places of worship will continue to be closed.
Services Allowed in Areas Other than Containment Zones during Lockdown 4.0
- Inter-state movement of passenger vehicles and buses with the permission and consent of both states.
- The movement of individuals to be allowed strictly between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm except for essential services.
- People above 65 years of age and children below 10 years of age will not be allowed to venture out.
- Aarogya Setu is mandatory for all employees.
- Industries will be allowed to function under the guidelines mentioned on 1 May 2020.
To know more about the guidelines for Industries to function in India, also read: Restarting Manufacturing Industries Post Lockdown: MHA Issues Detailed Guidelines Regarding Employee Safety